As soon as the rumors that Hector Lombard had signed with the UFC hit the internet, mad speculation began over who the Cuban middleweight would face in the octagon first.
Well, that speculation can now end, as UFC president Dana White has confirmed that the former Bellator middleweight champion will be facing Brian Stann in his UFC debut. White revealed the news today on Twitter; MMAJunkie links the fight to the UFC on FOX 4 event.
Lombard (31-2-1, 1 NC), a former Olympic judo player, was considered to be one of -- if not the -- best middleweights competing outside of the UFC before his signing. Now, we'll get to see if Shango can keep his twenty-fight winning streak alive in the deep waters of the UFC.
Stann (12-4) was on the verge of fighting for the UFC title before running into Chael Sonnen last October. The All-American rebounded from that submission loss earlier this month with a quick knockout of Alessio Sakara.
UFC on FOX 4 is expected to take place on August 4 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- Video: Quick UFC 146 Promo
- Francisco Rivera Steps In To Face Alex Soto At UFC On FUEL TV 3
- Nevada Responds To Nick Diaz's Lawsuit
- Video: Age And Experience Will Overcome Youth And Preparation
- UFC 148 Tickets On Sale This Week
- Rampage Jackson Wants Rua Or Griffin For Final UFC Bout
- Jake Shields Vs. Ed Herman To Take Place At "UFC 150"
- Video: Dana White Blog Is Back For "UFC On FOX 3"
- Travis Browne, Ben Rothwell Added To "UFC On FOX 4" Card
- Ryan Bader Vs. Lyoto Machida Set For "UFC On FOX 4"
- Episode 8 Of "TUF: Live" Earns Lowest Ratings Yet
- Michael Bisping Vs. Tim Boetsch Removed From UFC 148
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson Unlikely To Take Place At UFC 149
- Georges St-Pierre Talks Being Bullied As A Kid
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.