It's only fitting that the year-end UFC event has suffered an injury, as the promotion has been hit hard by the injury bug this past year. Gray Maynard will be replaced by Jim Miller for a lightweight showdown at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II.
UFC officials confirmed the change on Wednesday, as Maynard suffered an injury in training. The former contender was looking to build off a recent win over Clay Guida.
Miller (21-4) has won 10 of his 13 UFC bouts, but was stopped by Nate Diaz this past May. Diaz has since signed to compete for the UFC lightweight title against Benson Henderson.
Lauzon (22-7) is also coming off a victory, as he topped Jamie Varner most recently. Lauzon is 9-4 inside the Octagon and owns 11 fight-night bonuses.
UFC 155 takes place December 29 from Las Vegas. Lauzon-Miller is expected to remain on the main card.
- Gray Maynard Headed For Surgery With Torn Ligaments
- Shane Carwin Tore Just About Every Ligament In His Knee, Says His Manager
- Mark Hominick Knows His Back Is Up Against A Wall At UFC 154
- The Ultimate Fighter Moving To Wednesday Nights In 2013
- Royce Gracie Makes Claims Against Shane Carwin Following Fight Withdrawl
- Shane Carwin Out With Knee Injury, UFC Seeking Opponent For Roy Nelson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.