Fabio Maldonado offered his services to the UFC, and the UFC accepted, signing Maldonado to meet Glover Teixeira in October. The two will compete in the co-main event of UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The new main event for the card features Anderson Silva taking on Stephan Bonnar at light heavyweight. Teixeira was originally set to meet Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, but Jackson was knocked out of the fight with an injury.
USA Today confirmed the fight with UFC president Dana White. Teixeira (18-2) will be making his second Octagon appearance, while Maldonado (18-5) looks to even his UFC mark with a win, as he is currently 1-2 inside the cage.
- Glover Teixeira Draws Fabio Maldonado For October Brazil Card
- Anderson Silva-Stephan Bonnar Light Heavyweight Affair New UFC 153 Main Event
- Chris Leben Returning To Octagon This December To Face Karlos Vemola
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Returning At UFC 153 To Face Dave Herman
- Vitor Belfort Calls Chael Sonnen A Twitter Clown
- Report: Bellator Heavyweight Champion Cole Konrad Retires
- Cyrille Diabaté Looks For The Decision, Not Knockout In Fight With Fábio Maldonado
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline