"There are a lot of tough guys, but I think I bring it to Jon Jones," said Teixeira on MMA Interviews. "If they offered me the fight I would say yes, bring it to him and get that title."
Teixeira won in his UFC debut earlier this year. He only needed two minutes to take home the submission. Even though he is on a 16 fight win streak, Teixeira knows he needs a few more wins before he gets into the championship picture.
"I'm not quite qualified to say something like that yet," said Teixeira. "I have one fight in the UFC and have more to prove to myself."
- UFC Fighter Shane Roller Announces His Retirement
- Management For Jeremy Stephens Issues Statement
- Suspension Upheld For Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante
- Bellator 83 Set For December 7 From Atlantic City
- Bellator, Spike TV Set Date For Reality Series Tryouts
- UFC 153 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Rory MacDonald Wants To Define A True Fighter
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.