"I'm at the last stage (of recovery). I'll be back pretty soon. In July I'll be training again," said the champ, before adding, "I think November is a realistic time for me to come back and fight."
Showdown Joe then asked GSP if he could be part of the blockbuster fight that the UFC teased recently for a big show in January and if Nick Diaz could be in the works as his opponent -- after all, UFC president Dana White indicated that the fight was dependent upon an undefined sequence of events and would only happen "if things go the way that they could."
"Yeah, it could happen," St-Pierre replied. "November, December, January -- yeah, maybe, why not? Depends on how everything plays out. For now, it's out of my hands. I don't even think about fighting right now, I think about finalizing my knee rehabilitation. Once it will be back, I will know who I'm fighting, because I don't know one hundred percent right now."
Diaz's future in MMA is currently unknown, as he is waging war with the Nevada State Athletic Commission over his marijuana suspension during what he announced to be his retirement from MMA.
- UFC On Fuel TV 4 Gets Three More Fights
- Jeremy Stephens Wants To Break Donald Cerrone
- Bjorn Rebney Still Predicts Lombard Will Take UFC Belt
- Dana White Reacts To Nick Diaz's No-Show
- Big Nog: Frank Mir Is Not "Deserving To Be Champion"
- Nick Diaz Skips World Jiu-Jitsu Expo Supermatch
- Video: Chael Sonnen Talks About Working With Wrestling Superstar Steve Austin
- Nick Diaz Vs. Braulio Estima Today At The World Jiu-Jitsu Expo
- Video: 'UFC Primetime: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Episode 1
- Dustin Poirier On How Far He's Come And Fighting The Korean Zombie
- Hendo's Coach: "He's Putting His Hands On (Jones), Buddy"
- Mike Winkeljohn Talks Jones-Evans, Gives "A Lot Of Credit To Rashad"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.