UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre was a fan earlier this year when he watched Carlos Condit secure the interim UFC welterweight title in a match with Nick Diaz. Now, GSP and Condit are set to square off for the unified title Saturday night at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit.
So, from his Octagon-side seat, how did St-Pierre score the controversial Condit-Diaz encounter?
"Seeing it live, I give (Condit) the win for that fight," said St-Pierre, during a recent press conference. "I believe he did very well. He hit Nick more than Nick hit him and I believe he should have won. I loved that fight."
St-Pierre added that he didn't have any criticism over how Condit approached the battle. "The Natural Born Killer" used a stick-and-move approach, focusing in on the legs of Diaz and avoiding any serious mix-ups with him.
It's possible that the winner of GSP-Condit squares off with Diaz when he returns from his suspension in 2013. Of course, there is the Anderson Silva card to be played with St-Pierre, as well.
As a reminder, FightLine will have complete coverage Saturday of UFC 154, including live, play-by-play of the entire card.
- GSP Had Carlos Condit Defeating Nick Diaz Earlier This Year
- Bellator 81 Weigh-In Results: Lightweight Semifinals Made Official
- Jon Fitch-Demian Maia Added To UFC 156 Card
- Royce Gracie Backtracks On Shane Carwin Comments
- Matt Mitrione Will Face Roy Nelson At TUF 16 Finale
- Mike Mucitelli: No Room In MMA For Bullies Like Dan McGuane
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.