Georges St-Pierre (22-2) seems to be questioning why fans and the UFC are talking about a possible fight with Anderson Silva (33-4), as the current welterweight champion still has to get passed Carlos Condit (28-5) at UFC 154 next month.
"I hate that," St-Pierre told The New York Post. "They talk to me about the next fight and I'm not there; like I'm supposed to win easy, like it's a joke. Carlos Condit is a dangerous guy. I always respect my opponent. My life is on the line."
St-Pierre and Condit will meet on November 17. It will be St-Pierre's first fight back since an ACL injury that sidelined him for the better part of a year and a half. Silva remains vocal about the two possibly meeting after winning earlier in the month.
St-Pierre can see that the fight means big money for everyone involved and understands why so many people want to see it become a reality.
If the two were to fight, the question of at what weight has been spoken about. St-Pierre fights as a welterweight and Silva as a middleweight, meaning a 15 pound difference.
"It depends on the time," said St-Pierre. "I don't know. I haven't thought about [fighting Silva]. I know he's a big guy. I have to sit down and analyze it."
- Kenny Florian: Frankie Edgar Has A Chance Vs. Jose Aldo
- Alistair Overeem An Undeserving Challenger, Says Junior Dos Santos
- Dana White Guarantees Anderson Silva-Jon Jones Will Happen
- Jon Jones Brings In Frank Mir As Part Of TUF Coaching Staff
- Another Change To UFC 154 Fight Card Results In John Maguire-Matt Riddle
- Chris Weidman Confirms He Is Safe, House Hit Hard By Storm
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.