It doesn't happen too often, but every once in a while, an injury to an MMA fighter goes uncovered by the media. That's what happened with Gegard Mousasi. The veteran fighter told MMAjunkie.com Radio recently that he is recovering from surgery to repair his ACL.
"No one asked," said Mousasi, on why the news of his ACL surgery went unnoticed. "But the operation was successful. The recovery is doing very well. I will be back 100 percent again, but it will just take time.
Mousasi (32-3-2) improved to 3-1-1 in his Strikeforce career with a victory over Ovince St. Preux last December. The 26-year-old had surgery to repair his knee ligament in March.
With all the defections from Strikeforce to the UFC, Mousasi was unsure what would happen to him after the St. Preux bout. Now, the Dutch-Armenian fighter has confirmed he signed a new six-fight contract with Strikeforce.
- Phil Davis, Chad Griggs Addded To 'UFC On FOX 4' Event
- Video: Dana White Discusses "UFC On FUEL TV 3," Ratings In Latest Blog
- Judge Denies Injunction Request By Nick Diaz's Camp
- Hendo On Jon Jones: "Anybody Can Be Hit"
- Nick Diaz To Cover Charity Donation Out Of Pocket
- Robert Drysdale: Frank Mir Can Out-Strike Junior Dos Santos
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Weigh-In Results
- Kimbo Slice 5-0 As A Boxer After Another Squash Match
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Korean Zombie Vs. Poirier" Final Card, Live Coverage Tomorrow
- "TUF: Brazil" Recap: Team Vitor Improves To 6-1
- Gegard Mousasi Recovering From Torn ACL
- Ex-TUF Fighter Vinny Magalhaes Puts His M-1 Global Title Up For Grabs
- Video: Wanderlei Silva Blog For "UFC 147"
- Live Video Of The UFC On FUEL Weigh-Ins At 4PM ET/1PM PT
- Dustin Poirier: "Fans Can Expect Everything From Me, Even The Kitchen Sink"
- UFC On Fuel TV 4 Gets Three More Fights