Full Contact Championship, an MMA promotion that’s based in India, recently held its 6th event on June 30th at the Famous Studios in Mumbai, India. Along with the Super Fight League, FCC is one of the premier Mixed Martial Arts organizations in India. It was founded by Prashant Kumar, a martial artist in his own right.
Launched in 2009, the FCC had some successes with past FCC events. Its latest event, FCC 6, however, was undoubtedly its best yet.
The Main Event saw a pair of Middleweights collide, as Nitin Gaikward (3-1) took on Alfan Hashmi (1-1). The former, who is a veteran in the promotion, was declared the winner after the doctor stopped the fight in the 3rd round. While Hashmi faced the agony of his first career defeat, Gaikward is now 3-1 under the FCC banner.
In the co-Main Event, Gaurav ‘Judo’ Pandey (2-0) kept his undefeated record in tact, when he scored a TKO win over Shrikant Sathe (1-1). The latter was looking carry on the wave of momentum he had in his submission win over Akshay Anand at FCC 4, but fell short against the striking power of Pandey.
With a total of 7 bouts on the fight card, only 2 fights went the distance.
Here’re the full results for FCC 6:
- Nitin Gaikwad def. Alfan Hashmi via TKO (Doctor’s Stoppage) in Round 3
- Gaurav Pandey def. Shrikant Sathe via TKO (Punches)
- Sher Khan def. Vikram Vikram via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)
- Nitesh Dhaval def. Shailesh Ghogale via Submission (Armbar)
- Nadeem Farooqi def. Adnan Maniyar via Decision
- Sumeet Khade def. Sumeet Sawant via TKO (Punches)
- Aditya Deshpande def. Tanaji Patil via Decision
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Sucka