Drysdale was recently asked by the Brazilian news outlet Tatame to offer up his feelings on the Mir-Cormier bout. Drysdale plans to fight again in November for Legacy FC.
"The mistake most people make when fighting Frank is underestimating him," Drysdale said. "Everybody that underestimates him gets caught. Frank's a sniper, lands direct hits. We know it can go to the ground, and Frank may be on the bottom, and we're training for that."
Cormier is a top-notch wrestler, having qualified for the Olympics. Drysdale, however, believes "if (Cormier) makes a mistake, he'll get caught (in a Mir submission. He's a tough guy, a guy whom we respect a lot. It's a fight we're taking very seriously."
No official date has been announced for the Mir-Cormier contest.
- Lyoto Machida Open To Fighting Again Before Championship Shot
- Miguel Torres Opts For World Series Of Fighting Bout Instead Of Titan FC Show
- Greg Jackson Agreed It Was Time For Kyle Noke To Drop Weight Classes
- Alan Belcher On Injury Setbacks, Wants Chris Weidman Upon Return
- Jose Aldo "Very Happy" To Be Facing Frankie Edgar
- Paul Bradley And Charlie Brenneman Trade Jabs On Twitter
- Urijah Faber Hoping To Return Before 2012 Ends
- Special Offer For DirecTV Customers To Receive Next Six UFC PPVs
- Carlos Condit Embracing Role Of Super-Fight Spoiler
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.