The UFC has announced the winner of its most recent Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwndown, as Fort Lauderdale, Florida's BankAtlantic Center will be the host for UFC on FX 3. The card takes place June 8, with FX and FUEL TV expected to carry the entire fight card.
In the main event, Demetrious Johnson and Ian McCall will meet in a rematch of their UFC flyweight tournament semifinal that was incorrectly scored and eventually ruled a draw. The winner will face Joseph Benavidez later this yeaar for the first-ever UFC flyweight title.
This will be the first UFC card to be held in Florida since UFC Fight Night 17, which happened in 2009. This marks the first show to be held in Fort Lauderdale.
UFC officials also announced that fight fans will be given the opportunity to vote for which bout makes the main card. Voting can be done at hometownthrowdown.ufc.com. The fights to be nominated include Scott Jorgensen-Eddie Wineland, Mike Pierce-Carlos Eduardo Rocha, and Seth Paczynski-Lance Benoist.
- Dana White Says Junior Dos Santos Will Defend UFC Title At "UFC 146"
- Video: Jon Jones Stars In "Everyone's A Fighter"
- Alistair Overeem's T/E Ratio Confirmed At 14-To-1
- "Bellator 64" Weigh-In Results: Fighters Hit The Scale For Friday Night Card
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida Selected As Winner Of UFC Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown Challenge
- Video: Rashad Evans Breaks Down Jon Jones' Victory Over "Rampage" Jackson
- NSAC Will Not Change Overeem's Win Vs. Brock Lesnar Due To Failed Drug Test
- Video: Tim Kennedy Performs Katy Perry Song
- No Word Yet From Alistair Overeem Concerning Failed Drug Test
- Billy Evangelista-James Terry, JZ Cavalcante-Isaac Vallie-Flagg Added To Strikeforce Event
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.