Josh Barnett was unable to secure the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix title Saturday night, falling by decision to Daniel Cormier. Now, with the division seemingly gone, it remains unknown what will happen to "The Warmaster" now.
"Per his contract, I think that (Zuffa) would happily find an opponent that makes the most sense," said Barnett's manager, Leland LaBarre, in an interview with MMAjunkie.com.
It has been expected that the winner of the GP would fight one more time in Strikeforce before likely heading to the UFC to join Alistair Overeem, Antonio Silva, Fabricio Werdum and others from Strikeforce. In Barnett's case, it remains unknown if his contract will allow that. Plus, he did suffer a hand injury that will be looked at in the coming days, making his return to action also an unknown at this time.
- Mir Gets No Love As Pro Fighters Make Their Picks
- Stipe Miocic Expects "Three-Round War" Against Del Rosario
- Latest Episode Of 'TUF: Live' Sets New Series-Low For Ratings
- Nick Diaz Suspended For One Year, Fined By NSAC
- A Look At The Top MMA-Run Ins With The Law
- NSAC Approves Chael Sonnen's TUE For TRT Request
- Edson Barboza Open To Title Shot, Fight Against Anthony Pettis
- Jon Jones Posts Statement On His Facebook Page
- Video: Episode Two Of "UFC 146 Primetime: Dos Santos Vs. Mir"
- "TUF: Brazil: Recap: Final Quarterfinal Takes Place, Fighters Switch Teams
- Mark Munoz Doesn't Believe Hector Lombard Is Near A Title Shot
- Opening Of UFC GYM BJ Penn Takes Place In Hawaii
- "Countdown To UFC 146" Debuts Wednesday On FUEL TV
- Frank Mir On Dos Santos: “He Goes To The Ground With Me, He’s Dead”
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.