Evan Dunham was heartbroken when he had to pull out of a planned match with Edson Barboza earlier this year. Dunham saw the fight as a perfect chance to make his mark in the UFC's lightweight division.
Now, after getting healthy, Dunham will try to use TJ Grant as that stepping stone. The two are set to meet at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort later this month from Montreal.
"You definitely want to go against name guys, but he's very talented," said Dunham, during a recent interview with UFC.com. "He got two good wins at 155, and so it's just one more person that I need to get out of the way to move up that ladder."
The 30-year-old Dunham has won two consecutive fights since a pair of losses to Melvin Guillard and Sean Sherk. He is 13-2 overall in his career, including a 6-2 mark inside the Octagon.
- Lyoto Machida Open To Fighting Again Before Championship Shot
- Miguel Torres Opts For World Series Of Fighting Bout Instead Of Titan FC Show
- Greg Jackson Agreed It Was Time For Kyle Noke To Drop Weight Classes
- Alan Belcher On Injury Setbacks, Wants Chris Weidman Upon Return
- Jose Aldo "Very Happy" To Be Facing Frankie Edgar
- Paul Bradley And Charlie Brenneman Trade Jabs On Twitter
- Urijah Faber Hoping To Return Before 2012 Ends
- Special Offer For DirecTV Customers To Receive Next Six UFC PPVs
- Carlos Condit Embracing Role Of Super-Fight Spoiler
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.