Alvarez is a former Bellator lightweight champion who completed his contract with a victory over Patricky Freire earlier this year. He has stated previously that a decision would be announced around Christmas by his management team.
Bjorn Rebney, the CEO of Bellator, told Hunt they will decided within the next few days to match the offer or allow Alvarez to sign with the UFC.
- Patrick Cote Shifting To Welterweight, Hopes To Fight At UFC 158
- Medical Suspensions Given To Fighters From The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale
- Karlos Vemola Out, Derek Brunson In To Face Chris Leben At UFC 155
- Cody McKenzie Out Of UFC 155 Bout With Leonard Garcia
- Brian Stann's Hire Heroes USA Partners With WWE
- Ratings Report: TUF 16 Finale Draws 1.3 Million, UFC On FX 6 Falls Below Average
- Legacy FC 18 To Feature Pair Of Title Fights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.