UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz could become the new Frankie Edgar. It appears that Edgar is likely to move down to featherweight, and the question of Cruz going to the 145-pound division is starting to become more constant.
"Right now, I can make 135," said Cruz, while appearing on MMAjunkie.com Radio recently. "I've been cutting weight for so long. It always sucks. It's never fun. There's never an easy time to cut weight."
Cruz, however, can still make the limit and plans on staying there for the foreseeable future, adding, "I'm happy at 135 right now."
Currently, "The Dominator" is rehabbing from knee surgery that will likely keep him out of action until early 2013. At that time, if Renan Barao is still the interim UFC bantamweight champion, the two men will face off to crown a unified champion.
- Chael Sonnen Will Face Forrest Griffin In December
- Video: Preview For Second Episode Of "All Access: Ronda Rousey"
- Brian Stann Fires Back At Alexander Shlemenko's Comments
- Alexander Shlemenko Says UFC Fighters Use Injury To Dictate Fights, Calls Out Brian Stann
- ONE FC Releases Complete Fight Card For Next Event
- Bellator Title Fight Between Pat Curran-Patricio Freire Off
- Experience Comes First, Then Championship Gold For Erick Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.