The planned flyweight tournament semifinal rematch between Demetrious Johnson and Ian McCall will serve as the main event for the June 8 UFC on FX 3 card. However, the bout will be just three rounds, as was the case in the first meeting between the two.
Johnson and McCall fought to what "Mighty Mouse" believed to be a victory earlier this year, but an error in the scoring caused the bout to be ruled a draw later in the evening. The winner will face Joseph Benavidez for the first-ever UFC flyweight title later this year.
The exact location for the card, however, remains a mystery. UFC president Dana White told MMAjunkie.com that, "It will be in a place we haven't been in a long time." The site was determined by the Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown contest in which fans voted for the location of the card.
- Video: Steven Seagal Still Taking Credit For Silva And Machida's Success
- UFC 146 Fighters Submit To Surprise Drug Testing
- Dana White Has No Interest In Signing Fedor
- Alistair Overeem: My K-1 Experience Will Come In Handy Against JDS
- Frank Mir Admits Concern Over Velasquez's Wrestling
- Jon Jones At Heavyweight? Overeem Says, "Why Not?"
- Cain Velasquez Talks Coming Back From Defeat
- Video: Hendricks And Schaub Tricked Into Ballet Lesson
- China Is Next Stop On UFC's International Tour
- Bellator Moving To Three-Hour Cards Starting In 2013
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.