UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson isn't the kind of fighter to just relax and enjoy being the first-ever 125-pound champ in the UFC. No, "Mighty Mouse" still has plenty to take care of.
Johnson, who defeated Joseph Benavidez for the belt, will make his first title defense against John Dodson in 2013. An exact date for the contest has yet to be announced.
"There's still a lot that I can accomplish in the flyweight division, and life is all about living it and having fun; I plan on doing it in 2013," said Johnson, during a recent interview with UFC.com.
Johnson was referencing both his career and life, as he added, "Hopefully, we'll be able to get another house and have a kid and all that good stuff."
As for Dodson, Johnson sees him as just another peg he needs to pick off to be the most complete champion he can, saying, "I'm the hunter and I'm chasing after those guys. I was looking at the UFC roster and I saw that there were 14 guys (at flyweight). I got two down (Ian McCall, Benavidez); I've got 11 to go."
- "Here Comes The Boom" Falls To Seventh Over Weekend
- TUF Fridays Bounces Back With 811,000 Viewers
- UFC 154 Fight Lineup Confirmed, Four Fights Each To FX, Facebook
- Chad Mendes Has Battery Charge Dropped
- Chris Beal's Secret To Success Is Always Being Ready To Fight
- Daniel Straus Says After Next Fight He Maintains No. 1 Contender Status
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.