In what was expected to be a featured fight, Daniel Sarafian and Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira never went down. The two were finalist on The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil, but Sarafian suffered an injury and was knocked out of the middleweight finale.
Now, as he continues his rehab, Sarafian is anticipating a late-2012 debut inside the Octagon. His boxing coach, Ivan de Oliveira, informed Tatame recently that his fighter is on track.
"Daniel Sarafian is a very determined kid," de Oliveira said. "Our plan is for him to come back in December, he will be ready to fight again then. It's our expectation, but there's nothing set with the UFC, so we're just waiting."
De Oliveira added that Sarafian will be cleared to resume training in early September. Ferreira took on Sergio Moraes in the finals and won, securing the TUF: Brazil contract.
- Conflict MMA To Honor Fallen Fighter Tyrone Mims
- Randy Couture's Comeback Fight? Steven Seagal
- Shinya Aoki Now Off Next ONE FC Card, Slated For October Instead
- Junior Dos Santos Named Ambassador Of Salvador For 2014 World Cup
- Frankie Edgar Talks Move To Featherweight, Doesn't Believe Cut Would Have Issues
- Thiago Alves, Siyar Bahadurzada Push For Future Fight
- BJ Penn Believes Cut Wasn't Only Reason Rory MacDonald Pulled Out Of Scheduled Fight
- UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Medical Suspensions Contain Champion
- Jon Jones Fires Back At Chael Sonnen, Refers To Him As "Coward," "Cheater"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline