UFC president Dana White made a statement of sorts Thursday night after it was reported that Strikeforce would close up shop following a January card. The same report also stated that Ronda Rousey, one of the fastest rising stars in all of MMA, would become the first-ever UFC female champion.
Strikeforce is set to air January 12 with three championship matches. Also, Daniel Cormier will compete on the card from Oklahoma City. It is likely that several of those that fight on at that event will eventually enter the ranks of the UFC.
- UFC Offering Eight Free Fights Featuring GSP, Carlos Condit
- Nate Marquardt-Tarec Saffiedine Planned For Strikeforce In January
- Eddie Mendez Inks Deal With UFC
- GSP Working With Rory MacDonald For Upcoming Fight
- Carlos Condit Embraces Role Of Underdog For UFC 154
- Video: "In Focus: Franklin Vs. Le"
- Strikeforce To Return January 12, Luke Rockhold-Lorenz Larkin Scheduled
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.