"My schedule and the doctor's didn't line up," White wrote.
White has been battling the disease since the end of 2011. He was even forced to miss his first UFC event in 11 years due to it.
Meneire's disease is a disorder of the inner ear that causes spontaneous episodes of vertigo. It can also cause fluctuating hearing loss, ringing in the ear and intense pressure of the ear.
White mentioned at the UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar post-fight press conference that he was going to have surgery as soon as he returned from Brazil. The surgery will not keep him off work for any considerable amount of time.
- Women Are Coming To The UFC, According To Dana White
- Dana White Postpones Surgery Until 2013
- Chael Sonnen Responds To Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Donald Cerrone Weighing His Options After News Of Anthony Pettis Health Scare
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship To Remain Vacant Due To Injury
- Heavyweights Pat Barry-Shane Del Rosario Targeted For TUF 16 Finale
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline