As far as Dan Henderson is concerned, his next fight with the UFC will come with a championship on the line. Henderson has not competed since earning a decision victory over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua last December.
"He wants a title fight," said UFC president Dana White at the recent UFC On FOX 3 press conference (thanks to MMAWeekly.com for transcribing). "He either wants Anderson Silva or whoever has the belt at 185, or the winner of (Rashad) Evans and (Jon) Jones (for the light heavyweight belt)."
Evans and Jones are slated to meet next month, while Silva and Chael Sonnen are on track to battle later this year. Henderson has held world titles in both weight classes before, but never the UFC.
"Last time I talked to Henderson, he wanted to wait to fight one of these guys for the title," White said. "He'll fight whoever has that belt. Dan doesn't seem took picky."
- Bellator 60 Weigh-In Results
- MMA Link Club: Music Videos Featuring Fighters, Rogan On Favorite TUF Moments, TRT, More
- Tim Boetsch Has Michael Bisping In His Sight
- Frankie Edgar Says He'll Move To 145 On His Own Terms
- "Bellator: MMA Onslaught: Video Game Preview
- No One Is Unbeatable, Including Jonny "Bones" Jones
- Video: Tim Sylvia Goes Beast Mode To Convince Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.