FightHubTV's Marcos Villegas caught up with "The Outlaw," Dan Hardy after his knockout victory over Duane "Bang" Ludwig, to ask the British striker about his thoughts on the bout that ended his almost unheard of four-fight losing streak within the UFC. Below are the highlights:
On how Hardy felt after snapping a four-fight winless streak within the UFC: "It feels good. I put in a lot of work into these last few months and everything hung in the balance for fifteen minutes."
Hardy's pre-fight perception and expectations for his opponent, Ludwig: "He's a very sharp counter-puncher and I've studied his fights for a long time. I've been a huge fan of his since the start of my career.
"He likes to lead with his right hand and he likes to use it as a counter, and he actually caught me with it at the start of the fight, if I remember right. So I knew that was there, I knew that was coming. My goal was to try to fake and get him to throw that right hand… I threw the feint to draw his right hand away from the side of his face. Knowing I had a good left hook when I land it, I tried to capitalize on that."
Regarding the training leading up to the fight and his camp: "I've got a great group of guys around me now and I'm improving every day. I'm looking forward to getting in the gym every day and that hasn't been the case with a lot of training camps in the past… I've woken up knowing, 'I've got to go to work,' and it's not been work this training camp. It's been a real enjoyable process. I have a lot of fun in the gym with the guys who are training me."
Finally, the Brit's feelings on the night's fight: "I feel like that was my UFC debut. I haven't been on the undercard since my UFC debut. I've fought four up, four down, so I was 50-50 with my wins and losses, so really there was nothing on the line.
"I stepped in there for me and for my coaches, my friends and my family, so there was no real pressure on me."
You can watch the full interview below.
- Dan Hardy: “I Feel Like That Was My UFC Debut”
- UFC's Alan Belcher Gives Webinar For Leglock Defense
- Mayhem Miller Talks Backstage Incident, Retirement
- Report: Anderson Silva Has Injured His Knee
- Video: Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic Wins By KO At K-1 Rising
- Big Country Sticks It To Bosses With UFC 146 Win
- Alistair Overeem Likely To Remain Top Contender After Suspension
- Dana White Confirms Nottingham Fight Card
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.