There are currently a pair of films in theaters with ties to mixed martial arts. Cung Le, a former Strikeforce champion, helped The Man with the Iron Fists generate $8.2 million on opening weekend, according to numbers by ComingSoon.net.
The film, which also stars Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu, was shown in 1,868 theaters and finished fourth behind Wreck-It Ralph, Flight and Argo.
Also, Here Comes the Boom, starring Kevin James as a teacher who enters MMA fights to help save the music program at his high school, brought in $3.6 million, pushing the total draw over four weeks to $35,572,000.
- Anthony Johnson Vs. Andrei Arlovski? "Rumble" Is Down For It
- TUF 16 Ratings Climb Back Above One Million
- UFC Announces Partial 2013 Schedule, Four Fox Events
- Firas Zahabi-GSP's Legs Are "More Powerful Than Ever, It's Scary"
- Miesha Tate: Dana White's Changed Perspective Of WMMA Paves The Way For The Future
- Travis Browne Wants A Rematch Against Bigfoot Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.