Le caught Franklin with a huge right hand Saturday in China at UFC On Fuel TV: Franklin Vs. Le, flooring "Ace" and earning his second UFC victory. At 40 years old, the question of retirement is a constant one Le must field.
"I love to do mixed martial arts. I love to compete. If I can do it as long as I live, I'll do it," Le said. "But I know my clock is ticking, so I am just doing my best. I definitely want to take a little vacation before I start training to let my body heal up."
Le defeated Patrick Cote earlier this year, and entered the post-fight press conference in a wheelchair. However, when UFC president Dana White made mention of the UFC's first-ever trip to China, Le pushed himself to heal up and return to action quicker than he typically does.
As for the blow that dropped Franklin, Le called it a "money punch. I was just so thankful to be here in China in the first UFC fight."
- Challenge Placed Against David Batista
- Details Emerge On DREAM-GLORY Event
- Frankie Edgar On Aldo: "I'm Going To Have To Push Him And Test His Mettle"
- Bellator Removes Dan McGuane From Card Due To Manslaughter Arrest
- Fabricio Werdum Excited To Avenge Previous Loss To "Minotauro" Nogueira
- Miesha Tate: Don’t Give Ronda Rousey All The Credit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.