Cub Swanson has finally stopped alternating wins and losses, knocking out Ross Pearson Friday night at UFC on FX: Maynard vs. Guida. Swanson adds the second round knockout win over Pearson to a victory against George Roop earlier this year.
Swanson rocked Pearson with a pair of rights before flooring him with a left that sent the Brit flying up against the Octagon. Swanson added a few more blows before the ref stepped in to call the bout.
"I was hitting him with a lot of shots, but they didn't seem to be hurting him," said Swanson, who is now 17-5. "I saw him go for a knee and he dropped both of his hands, and I saw that."
Since back-to-back victories over Donny Walker and Hiroyuki Takaya in 2007 and '08, Swanson had alternated wins and losses, including a TKO defeat vs. current UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo in '09.
"I expect a real good fight (next)," Swanson said. "Maybe a No. 1 contender (match); I just want to put on good performances."
Pearson falls to 13-6 with the defeat.
- Super Fight League Inks Jeff Monson, Sokoudjou, Others To Contracts
- Josh Thomson Eying Summer Return To The Cage
- "UFC 147: Silva Vs. Franklin 2" Attendance
- "UFC 147: Silva Vs. Franklin 2" Fight Night Bonuses
- Rich Franklin Spoils Wanderlei Silva's Brazilian Homecoming
- UFC 147: Wanderlei Silva Vs. Rich Franklin
- Cezar Ferreira Earns Middleweight "TUF: Brazil" Crown
- UFC 147: Cezar Ferreira Vs. Sergio Moraes
- Rony Mariano Bezerra Becomes First "TUF: Brazil" Champion
- UFC 147: Godofredo Pepey Vs. Rony Jason
- Fabricio Werdum Crushes Mike Russow In His Return To Brazil
- UFC 147: Fabricio Werdum Vs. Mike Russow
- UFC 147: Yuri Alcantara Vs. Hacran Dias