Excitement spread like wildfire on Twitter Wednesday night when someone reported that the Brazilian UFC site had listed UFC 157 as featuring Ronda Rousey and Cris Cyborg. The site has since taken down the page, but that didn't stop many from reporting it.
Following the initial report, Tatame was able to obtain a quote from Cyborg herself. The former Strikeforce champion, who is currently suspended due to a failed post-fight drug test, said she would not be able to make that date in two months at 135 pounds.
Cyborg and Rousey have traded several verbal jabs concerning where such a fight would take place. Rousey has stated she will not move up to 145 pounds, where Cyborg wants the fight, while Cyborg's team claimed her medical doctor said a drop to 135 could keep her from carrying a child later in life. However, Cyborg stated that she would be willing to move to 135 if given proper time, a sharp contrast to previous statements.
- Video: "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Press Conference Set For 3 PM ET/Noon PT
- Gilbert Melendez In Negotiations With UFC
- Early Reports Of Ronda Rousey-Cris Cyborg At UFC 157 Denied By Cyborg
- Michelle Gutierrez Off Bellator 84, Patricia Vidonic Named As Replacement
- Joe Lauzon Volunteers His UFC 155 Fight With Jim Miller For New Co-Main Event
- Ronaldo Souza Grateful For Spot On Strikeforce Card
- Bellator 84 Championship Fight Pulled
- TUF: Smashes Lightweight Final Now Set
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.