Former Strikeforce featherweight champion Cris "Cyborg" Justino has heard enough talk from Ronda Rousey. On Monday's edition of Inside MMA, Cyborg fired off her own verbal threats to the Strikeforce bantamweight champion.
"She claims she is the champion and openly challenges me to fight at 135 pounds, which I find laughable. I have never fought below 145 pounds," Justino said. "I am considered the top pound-for-pound women's fighter in the world!"
Justino added that there is, "not a safe way for me to cut to 135 pounds, not without hurting myself physically." She was suspended last December for using a banned substance, and can re-apply for her fight license this December.
"My cardiologists and physician have advised me that to make such a drastic reduction in weight could have permanent effects on my long-term health," Justino said. "I will not endanger my health to satisfy the rantings of a spoiled, little girl."
It just so happened that Rousey was a guest on Inside MMA while the statement from Justino was being ready. And, as expected, Rousey offered up a response on the spot.
"That girl has been cheating her entire career and she's not the champion," Rousey said. "Everybody knows she's been cheating her entire career. The whole time she's held that belt I think it's just been a fraud."
Rousey went on to say, "She stopped taking all those hormones or whatever she was taking to go to those athletic commission hearings and then, suddenly, she's all big and huge again and saying that she can't make the weight. Who does she think she is, Muhammed Ali? Creating her own weight division? She's not as awesome as she thinks she is."
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.