Colton Smith captured the latest Ultimate Fighter crown by defeating Mike Ricci this past Saturday night at The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale. The two competed at welterweight on the show, but it appears both could be headed for the lightweight division now.
"If Tim Kennedy moves down to 170, I'm definitely moving down to 155," said Smith, on the Fuel TV post-fight show. "I train with him and he beats me up all the time. I'm the little guy in my camp and get beat up all the time."
Kennedy has competed at middleweight in Strikeforce, including earning a title shot against Luke Rockhold. Smith could be letting it be known that Kennedy is anticipating a drop to welterweight upon likely entering the UFC later this year.
Smith, a military veteran like Kennedy, added, "The UFC is very structured. I come from the military and like the structure."
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.