Frankie Edgar (14-3-1) only just announced that he's dropping from a lightweight to a featherweight and already has been challenged. Cody McKenzie (13-3) sent two tweets out, one directly to Edgar, challenging him to a fight before the year ends.
The tweets sent August 22 read, "I heard frankie edger just moved to 145 ad wants a fight before the end of the year dec 8th seattle lets fight!!!!! #WARSEATTLE" and was followed by, "to @FrankieEdgar if your looking for a fight by the end of the year I am in for dec 8th Seattle if you have any say in who your fighting."
McKenzie is referencing to the UFC on FOX 6 show.
After losing his lightweight championship rematch, Edgar made the decision to drop a weight class. McKenzie made the switch to featherweight in his last fight. He lost the fight, falling to 2-3 inside the Octagon.
As of this writing, Edgar has yet to respond to McKenzie's challenge.
- Strikeforce Adds Pair Of Bouts To September Event
- Three New Matches Announced For UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot
- Jay Hieron Had No Second Thoughts About Taking Jake Ellenberger Match At UFC 151
- Tim Sylvia Believes He Would Defeat Daniel Cormier
- Shogun Rua On Brandon Vera Fight: "I Know I Could’ve Been More Prepared"
- Cody McKenzie Already Calls Out Frankie Edgar For His Featherweight Debut
- Ed Soares Says Anderson Silva Has "Never Turned Down A Fight"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.