"'The Carpenter' is going to explore a new job site at the 145-pound division in the new year," said Guida, in a statement released by VFD Sports Marketing. "I plan on making a run at the foreman or superintendent position right out of the gates. I hope you guys packed a lunch."
Guida was defeated in his last UFC fight, falling to Gray Maynard. Guida is 29-13 in his career and 9-7 inside the Octagon.
"It will be nice to finally be one of the bigger guys in the cage," Guida said. "I don't cut weight at 155, and making 145 will be no problem for me. My fans will get to see 'The Dude' put some royal beatings on everyone in the division. I will not be satisfied until the featherweight belt is mine."
- Only One Fight Disappointed At UFC On FUEL TV 5
- Kyle Kingsbury Confirms Multiple Facial Fractures
- Rashad Evans Further Explains Reason For Turning Down Fight
- Dana White Halts Greg Jackson Bashing
- Matt Mitrione Declined Daniel Cormier Fight
- Highlights From "UFC On Fuel TV: Struve Vs. Miocic"
- Video: "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Preview
- Daniel Cormier Talks His Next Opponent
- Chael Sonnen Facing Forrest Griffin Next, But Has Jon Jones On Mind
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.