Claudinha Gadelha (9-0) has withdrawn herself from the main event of Invicta FC 4 due to a broken nose that required surgery. She was to compete against Carla Esparza (8-2) to crown the first ever strawweight champion.
"I just want to apologize to everyone for what happened and say I will comeback even stronger," said Gadelha to SporTV.
The healing process is several months long and Gadelha hopes to be the first to challenge the winner of the title. She said she would be ready to fight come April.
Invicta FC 4 marks the promotion's first appearance in 2013. The show takes place January 5 from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, KS. It will be the first time that the all-female MMA company airs on PPV. Previous shows were streamed for free online.
- Mark Munoz Involved In Car Accident, Appears To Have Avoided Any Serious Injuries
- Antonio Silva Only Fighting Junior Dos Santos If UFC Forces Him To
- Glover Teixeira Plans To KO Quinton Jackson Out Of The UFC
- Video: Backstage Access To UFC 155
- Jon Jones Responds To Dan Henderson: "Old Guy Got Jokes"
- Nate Marquardt Glad To Put Old Issues With Dana White Behind Him
- Pat Healy Frustrated With UFC’s Decision Making About Strikeforce Fighters
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.