Chris Weidman made a plea to the UFC to give him a shot at UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva after he dominated Mark Munoz. Now, as others - including Vitor Belfort - try to position themselves as the No. 1 contender, Weidman is firing back.
"Lova ya (Belfort) but you already had your shot at the belt and (I'm) sure u will have another in the future. (Right) now is my time though," Weidman posted on Twitter.
There appears to be a handful of contenders at 185 pounds, with Belfort, Weidman, Michael Bisping, Alan Belcher, Tim Boetsch and Brian Stann all feeling like they are worthy foes for Silva.
It appears as if the UFC is putting together a sort of tournament, with Bisping and Stann meeting in September, and rumors of Belcher-Belfort taking place in October.
- Alan Belcher Accepts Vitor Belfort's Challenge
- Michael Bisping Happy To Be Fighting Brian Stann On Neutral Territory
- Rory MacDonald "Excited" To Be Fighting In Canada Again
- Joseph Benavidez Not Amused By Michael Bisping's Comments
- Dominick Cruz Wants To Fight Soon, But Leaving That In Hands Of Professionals
- UFC 152 Receives Welterweights Seth Baczynski, Simeon Thoresen
- Jacob Volkmann-Shane Roller Added To UFC 151
- Chael Sonnen Tries To "Encourage" Urijah Faber
- Rory MacDonald Planning To Hurt BJ Penn
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline