What once was a match between Yoshihiro Akiyama and Thiago Alves has become one between Siyar Bahadurzada and Chris Clements.
First, Akiyama was injured and withdrew from the bout and was replaced by Bahadurzada; then, Alves was injured and forced out of the bout and replaced by Clements.
The 11-4 Clements made his UFC debut this past April at UFC 145, defeating Keith Wisniewski via split decision. The Canadian fighter's most notable wins have come against Wisniewski, Rich Clementi and Jonathan Goulet. His losses have come about courtesy John Alessio, Jesse Bongfeldt, Rory Markham and Joey Guel.
Bahadurzada made his UFC debut in April as well, albeit in much more impressive fashion by knocking out Paulo Thiago in one round at the UFC's first event in Sweden.
Bahadurzada and Clements will meet at UFC 149, which is scheduled to take place on July 21 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- BJ Penn Accepts Rory MacDonald's Fight Request
- Kenny Robertson Replaces Jon Fitch For Match With Aaron Simpson
- Michael McDonald Not Going Anywhere After Signing New Deal With UFC
- "UFC 151" Receives Dennis Siver Vs. Eddie Yagin
- Joe Benavidez Breaks Down McCall-Johnson 2
- Brett Rogers Inked To Contract By Bellator
- Knee Surgery In The Future For Martin Kampmann
- "Countdown To UFC 147: Franklin Vs. Silva II" Debuts June 19
- 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale' Medical Suspensions
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.