The UFC announced on Monday that a featherweight bout between Charles Oliveira and Jonathan Brookins has been verbally agreed to for The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale.
Charles Oliveira (15-2, 1 NC) cut to the featherweight division after going on a run that saw him lose two quick stoppages to Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone, and have a submission win over Nik Lentz converted to a no contest due to an illegal knee. In his 145lbs debut, which came at UFC on Fox 2 in January, Oliveira quickly submitted Eric Wisely with a calf slicer. That victory earned the 22-year-old Brazilian his third Submission of the Night bonus.
Jonathan Brookins (13-4) defeated Michael Johnson in a lightweight bout in 2010 to become the twelfth winner of The Ultimate Fighter. From there, Brookins dropped to featherweight and has gone 1-1. He recently rebounded from a unanimous decision loss to Erik Koch by knocking out Vagner Rocha at UFC On Fuel TV 1 in February.
The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale is scheduled to take place on June 1 at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event will be headlined by welterweight contenders Jake Ellenberger and Martin Kampmann.
- Reminder: Jones And Evans To Appear On "UFC Ultimate Insider" Tonight
- CSAC Amendment Would Allow TUEs For Marijuana And TRT
- Thiago Alves Vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama Possible For UFC 149
- Randy Couture Names MMA's Pound-For-Pound Best
- Video: New "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Promo
- Cain Velasquez Competes In Charity Race This Friday
- Bas Rutten, Joe Rogan, The Voice And Josh Barnett On PEDS In MMA
- Undercard For Bellator 65 This Friday Announced
- Injury Will Postpone Cole Konrad - Eric Prindle Heavyweight Title Fight
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Gustafsson Vs. Silva" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney Wants To Remain Full-Speed Ahead
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.