"The Korean Zombie" has done it again. Chan Sung Jung delivered a fourth-round submission victory over Dustin Poirier in the main event of UFC on Fuel TV: Korean Zombie vs. Poirier Tuesday night.
With the win, Jung likely pushes himself to the forefront of the UFC's featherweight division. Current champion Jose Aldo is scheduled to meet Erik Koch, with Jung becoming the next contender to the belt.
"I want Jose Aldo," said Jung, the only English words he spoke during his post-fight interview."
Early on, it seemed as if Jung would win his third straight with ease, but Poirier fought off several submission attempts. Jung has now won eight of his 13 career fights by submission, improving to 13-3 overall.
Poirier (12-2) had his five-fight win streak snapped with the loss. "The Diamond" was ended when Jung connected on an uppercut, followed with a right and attempted a flying knee. Jung worked quickly to secure the d'arce choke, forcing the end of the match.
"I want to thank all the Korean fans and the Korean community who came out," said Jung, through this translator. "(Poirier) had me in trouble in the beginning of the third, but I kept going."
- Korean Zombie On Last Night's Big Win: I Made A Statement
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Coming To FUEL TV
- Fighting Entertainment Group (FEG) Declaring Bankruptcy
- Poirier Vows To "Come Back And Get The W"
- Chael Sonnen's TUE Exemption Request On 5/21 NSAC Docket
- Match Up Alerts: Natal Vs. Craig, Penner Vs. DeBlass
- Video: Chan Sung Jung Vs. Dustin Poirier, Donal Cerrone Vs. Jeremy Stephens Highlights
- Paul Kelly Denies Being Involved In Drug Sting In England
- Video: Chan Sung Jung, Dustin Poirier Battle At "UFC On FUEL TV 3"
- Jason MacDonald Not Retiring Following Loss At "UFC ON FUEL TV 3"
- Erik Perez Vs. John Albert At "TUF: Live Finale"
- Rashad Evans Unsure When He'll Return To The Octagon
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Gate And Attendance
- Video: UFC On FUEL TV 3 Post-Fight Presser
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Fight Night Bonuses