As you can expect, UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen has some interesting words for the ongoing Alistair Overeem situation. Sonnen offered up his take on Overeem, who has been the target of several accusations since moving from light heavyweight to heavyweight.
"I'm shocked," Sonnen wrote on his Twitter account. "Has the body fat of a tooth brush, looks like the guy on STREET FIGHTER. My mind is blown, just blown."
Overeem tested for an extra-large amount of testosterone during a pre-fight drug test conducted by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. With that, it is likely that he will not receive his fight license to meet Junior dos Santos for the UFC heavyweight title in May.
Overeem could still provide another sample, have it be cleared, and work to get his license from NSAC, but it remains unknown if he will take that route. So far, Overeem and his camp have remained silent on the issue.
Sonnen, meanwhile, is scheduled to face Anderson Silva for the UFC middleweight title. Sonnen, when asked on his account about trying to win over the Brazilian people, replied, "They act like savages chanting 'You will die.' No interest in winning them over. Act like savages if you want. Touch me, and I will stomp you."
Sonnen-Silva II is set for later this year from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Fedor Emelianenko To Return In June, Opponent Unknown At This Time
- UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos Discusses Overeem Situation
- MMA Link Club: Fedor's Next Fight, Thiago Alves Fires Coach, Drug Testing & More
- UFC Announces Agreement To Broadcast Programming In India
- Reminder: "UFC Primetime: UFC 145" Airs This Evening On FX
- Georges St-Pierre To Compete In 2012 World Series Of Poker
- Mitch Clarke-Anton Kuivanen Set For "UFC 149"
- Dana White Says Junior Dos Santos Will Defend UFC Title At "UFC 146"
- Video: Jon Jones Stars In "Everyone's A Fighter"
- Alistair Overeem's T/E Ratio Confirmed At 14-To-1
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.