Chael Sonnen tried to keep the focus on The Ultimate Fighter show during a media conference call on Wednesday. Sonnen will oppose UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones on the show, which begins taping later this month and will air on FX in January.
"This show is the single biggest, toughest tournament that we have in this sport," Sonnen said. "It's not a four-man tournament that gets spread out over a year. It's a 32-man tournament that will take place over five-and-a-half weeks. It's tougher than the Olympic games, the NFL playoffs; it's tougher than any other thing in sports."
- Rashad Evans Discusses Chael Sonnen-Jon Jones Bout
- Kenny Florian: UFC Sending Message To "Step Up" By Giving Sonnen Fight
- Dana White Wants Cowboy Stadium As Soon As Fight Can Be Made
- Eddie Alvarez Opens Up About His Future
- MFC Promoter Mark Pavelich Has An Issue With Female MMA
- Jeremy Stephens Released From Jail, Issues Statement
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.