As only he can, UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen has done his best to try and provoke UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva yet again. Sonnen, while on UFC Tonight on Tuesday, issued "The Spider" a letter of remorse.
In the letter, Sonnen said he was wrong and that his actions were unsportsmanlike. He added that he regretted what he has said about Silva and his family, and that he would resign from being the No. 1 contender to Silva's belt.
However, Sonnen ended the letter with a P.S. in which he said, "I changed my mind. Anderson, you can kiss my (expletive)."
Sonnen and Silva are slated to meet at UFC 147 from Brazil if everything can be worked out. The bout would take place in July. Silva previously defeated Sonnen via submission in the fifth round of their fight in 2010.
Check out the video below for the segment in which Sonnen reads the letter to Silva.
- Training Injury To Blame For Delay In Strikeforce GP, Says Daniel Cormier
- Nate Diaz Has Zero Interest In Fight With Frankie Edgar
- Dana White Responds To Rampage's Recent Tirade
- Frankie Edgar Reveals How He Got Title Shot
- Jon Jones Responds To Haters And Being Perceived As "Cocky"
- Heavyweight Mania! UFC 146 Gets Mir-Velasquez, Nelson-Bigfoot
- Nate Diaz Thinks Brother Nick's MMA Retirement Is For Real
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.