Former UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen knows Brian Stann and Michael Bisping very well. Sonnen is the last fighter to defeat both men, who will square off this Saturday night at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort.
Sonnen, who has decided to move to the 205-pound division, broke down the key middleweight contest. And, unlike some analyst, Sonnen made sure to declare a winner in his mind.
"Stann is not afraid to get hit and Bisping will certainly hit him. Bisping is very hard to land on and he's very wiry, so I expect Mike to have some success early," Sonnen said. "Neither guy is going to have to worry about a fast pace because they are always in shape and they both are going to go after it."
As for a winner, Sonnen said, "I come back to this: Stann is a plant-your-feet and throw bombs kinda guy. I think 15 minutes is a long time for Bisping to avoid those bombs. I'm not one of those guys who is going to say, 'Bisping should win - but IF Stann lands it is over.' I am the guy saying, 'Stann WILL land a bomb and he will win this fight by KO."
The winner of Stann-Bisping is likely to make a strong push towards a future UFC middleweight title shot vs. Anderson Silva.
- Video: UFC Offers Up 'Thank You' To Fans
- Chael Sonnen Favors Brian Stann Over Michael Bisping
- Tito Ortiz Discusses Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Bout
- Fuel TV Running Special Viewer's Choice Week For UFC
- Ratings Come In For TUF 16: Carwin Vs. Nelson
- Inaugural ONE FC Lightweight Championship Fight Announced
- Brian Stann - No Doubt In His Mind He's Being Overlooked
- Sarah Kaufman Out Of Invicta FC Debut
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline