Chael Sonnen and Jason "Mayhem" Miller are two of the most talked about fighters in MMA history. So, the face that both men decided to start up a little beef over social media should come as no surprise.
Miller was the first to strike, replying to a message Sonnen posted last week concerning Alistair Overeem's failed drug test. Miller wrote on his Twitter account, "Chael berating someone on their test level is like me making fun of someone's bad haircut."
Sonnen, you might remember, tested for elevated levels of performance enhancing drugs after his loss to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva two years ago. In classic Sonnen-fashion, the current No. 1 contender replied via his own Twitter account writing, "MayHem: Due to time constraints I am currently confining my Twitter wars to active, relevant, fighters ONLY. Buy a T-shirt on your way out."
Miller, however, wasn't done, adding, "don't worry-you're a beatdown away from obscurity. I'll be happy to beat your head in-that's if it's not still on a pike in Rio."
Sonnen is set to collide with Silva in a rematch, while Miller is slated to take on C.B. Dollaway later this year. The two fighters are not really in line to meet up anytime soon, but that could always change if this keeps up.
- Reminder: Jones And Evans To Appear On "UFC Ultimate Insider" Tonight
- CSAC Amendment Would Allow TUEs For Marijuana And TRT
- Thiago Alves Vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama Possible For UFC 149
- Randy Couture Names MMA's Pound-For-Pound Best
- Video: New "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Promo
- Cain Velasquez Competes In Charity Race This Friday
- Bas Rutten, Joe Rogan, The Voice And Josh Barnett On PEDS In MMA
- Undercard For Bellator 65 This Friday Announced
- Injury Will Postpone Cole Konrad - Eric Prindle Heavyweight Title Fight
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Gustafsson Vs. Silva" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney Wants To Remain Full-Speed Ahead
- Record-Low Numbers For "UFC Primetime: Jones Vs. Evans" Debut Episode
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.