Carlos Condit delivered a huge head-kick in the third round Saturday night against Georges St-Pierre at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit. "The Natural Born Killer" believed he had the chance to finish GSP, but it was not to be, as St-Pierre claimed a decision victory.
"I thought I had it," said Condit, of the kick. "He was still coherent, so I wanted to go in there and put some leather on him, finish the job. He did a nice job; maybe I'll get him next time."
GSP controlled the action for the most part outside of the third round knockdown, using his takedowns and top game to hold Condit down. Condit entered the fight as the interim UFC welterweight champion after defeating Nick Diaz earlier this year.
"His top game was very, very good," Condit said. "He was able to hold me down better than I expected. I feel like I did pretty well. I left it in there, but I need to go back to the drawing board."
St-Pierre told Condit after the fight he was the best guy he has ever fought, but Condit said, "it's a great compliment from a great champion, but I am still disappointed."
- Eddie Yagin Released From Hospital, On The Road To Recovery
- Gray Maynard Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
- Greg Jackson Doesn't Believe He Would Have Made A Difference In Carlos Condit-GSP Fight
- Referee Explains Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Decision
- Bristol Marunde: TUF Guy And Superhero
- Rashad Evans: Georges St-Pierre Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- TUF Ratings Drop Following Strong Week
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.