Carlos Condit has heard all the talk of him waiting on the sidelines for Georges St-Pierre to return to make his own return to the Octagon. Well, "The Natural Born Killer" revealed during a press conference for UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit on Wednesday that he was never offered another match.
"The UFC never offered me or my management team another fight," Condit said. "They made it clear they wanted me to fight Georges."
Condit secured the interim UFC welterweight title earlier this year when he defeated Nick Diaz. St-Pierre was forced out with a knee injury, and will be fighting for the first time since early in 2011 this Saturday night.
As far as Condit is concerned, a unification bout with St-Pierre was the only fight that made sense.
"Personally, Georges is the guy I wanted to fight. I've looked up to him in the sport and I've wanted that status for a very long time," Condit said. "Georges is the best in the world, I want to be the best in the world, so I have to face Georges."
- Gray Maynard Headed For Surgery With Torn Ligaments
- Shane Carwin Tore Just About Every Ligament In His Knee, Says His Manager
- Mark Hominick Knows His Back Is Up Against A Wall At UFC 154
- The Ultimate Fighter Moving To Wednesday Nights In 2013
- Royce Gracie Makes Claims Against Shane Carwin Following Fight Withdrawl
- Shane Carwin Out With Knee Injury, UFC Seeking Opponent For Roy Nelson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.