Carlos Condit stepped in and defeated Nick Diaz earlier this year, claiming the interim UFC welterweight title and ending the chances of a Georges St-Pierre vs. Diaz super-fight. Now, with Condit set to face GSP once again at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit in November, "The Natural Born Killer" can play spoiler again.
Rumors of a potential champion vs. champion match between St-Pierre and Anderson Silva have started to pick up. It is believed that the fight could go down - if GSP can unify the belts and defeat Condit.
"(Condit) doesn't care about none of this stuff; he just sits there and says, 'Hey, I spoiled their plans once with Nick, I'll spoil it again with Georges," said Condit's manager, Malki Kawa, in a recent interview with MMAWeekly.com.
Kawa added that "people need to stop that," when it comes to looking past Condit and discussing a super-fight between Silva and GSP. The Condit bout will be St-Pierre's first in over a year after he suffered a knee injury in training that required surgery.
- Michael Bisping On Possible Light Heavyweight Return
- Report: Frank Mir-Daniel Cormier Set For November 3
- Daniel Cormier Says Tim Sylvia's Name Was Among Those Discussed For Strikeforce Fight
- Jose Aldo Involved In Accident, Escapes With No Serious Injuries
- Renato "Babalu" Sobral Slated For Bellator Debut Next Year
- Bellator Wants More Action From Its Champions Starting In 2013
- Jon Jones Doesn't Care If You Hate Him
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.