Cain Velasquez (10-1) enters into his rematch with Junior dos Santos (15-1) with the same game plan as he was unable to work on it their first fight.
"It was something we worked on beforehand and we're going to implement it on this fight," said Velasquez on Inside MMA. "It works. We just didn't get a chance to do it."
Dos Santos defeated Velasquez at UFC on FOX 1 in late 2011 to win the heavyweight championship. The fight last just over a minute in before dos Santos won via KO after knocking Velasquez down a punch. Since this fight both men have fought once and came out victories.
"I waited around too long," said Velasquez. "That's the main thing I learned from. I waited on the outside for way to long and that is where I messed up, so I would be doing that again."
- Phil Baroni Not A Supporter Of TRT Usage
- Danny Castillo Thinks He Can Bring Michael Johnson To The Ground
- Lyoto Machida: Jon Jones Showed He Is Championship Material By Not Tapping Out
- Strikeforce: Melendez Vs. Healy Fighters To Be Paid By Zuffa
- Cain Velasquez On Lesson Learned From Loss To Junior Dos Santos
- Winning Bellator's Season 7 Welterweight Tournament Means Everything To Nordine Taleb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.