Well, Stann was none-too-happy with Shlemenko, and let him know it via Twitter. Stann is currently set to face Michael Bisping at UFC 152: Benavidez vs. Johnson in September. Originally, Stann was to face Hector Lombard, but an injury in training forced him out of the July contest.
"Shouldn't even dignify today's comment w/ a response, but I would never fake an injury. I agreed to fight Hector b4 he was even signed," Stann posted. "My injury was a 6-8 week recovery & the UFC was not interested in delaying his debut to wait for me. Fighters don't fake injuries, we have to pay the bills guys!"
Shlemenko is a veteran of several fights and promotions. He is currently scheduled to compete for the Bellator middleweight title, which Lombard vacated upon signing with the UFC.
- Conflict MMA To Honor Fallen Fighter Tyrone Mims
- Randy Couture's Comeback Fight? Steven Seagal
- Shinya Aoki Now Off Next ONE FC Card, Slated For October Instead
- Junior Dos Santos Named Ambassador Of Salvador For 2014 World Cup
- Frankie Edgar Talks Move To Featherweight, Doesn't Believe Cut Would Have Issues
- Thiago Alves, Siyar Bahadurzada Push For Future Fight
- BJ Penn Believes Cut Wasn't Only Reason Rory MacDonald Pulled Out Of Scheduled Fight
- UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Medical Suspensions Contain Champion
- Jon Jones Fires Back At Chael Sonnen, Refers To Him As "Coward," "Cheater"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline