UFC officials have announced a bantamweight tilt between Brad Pickett and Eddie Wineland for the year-end UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II card in Las Vegas. The event takes place December 29 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
Pickett (22-6) improved to 2-1 in the UFC with a recent victory over Yves Jabouin. His lone loss in his last four fights came to current interim UFC bantamweight champion Renan Barao.
Wineland (19-8-1) has won just one of three Octagon bouts. He is a former WEC champion.
UFC 155 features a heavyweight title contest between Junior dos Santos and Cain Velasquez. Pickett-Wineland is likely to be part of the prelim card.
- Miesha Tate Disgusted By Bellator's Placement Of Zoila Gurgel
- Matt Riddle Confirms He Has Medical Marijuana Card
- Erik Koch To Return At UFC 155 Vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Carlos Condit: I'm Playing The Role Of Spoiler Again
- Ed Soares Calls CSAC Idiots Over Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante’s Suspension
- Pair Of New Fights Added To TUF Finale
- Michael Bisping Looks Ahead To A Middleweight Championship Fight
- T.J. Dillashaw And Mike Easton Added To UFC On FOX 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.