UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson knows just one mode: full-speed ahead. However, in his two most recent fights with Frankie Edgar, "Smooth" was forced to use a different approach to obtaining a pair of victories.
This Saturday night, Henderson steps inside the Octagon with Nate Diaz in the main event of UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz. And, the champion does not see the fight going the same way as his last two.
"Both of us are pretty aggressive," said Henderson, during a pre-fight press conference on Thursday. "In my last two fights, I wasn't able to come forward as much. Frankie, going forward, he is very elusive; you have to be smart about that."
Henderson continued, saying, "I like to go forward. He likes to go forward. We are pretty similar, we juts go about it different ways. Once we get inside the Octagon, it is going to be fun."
Diaz (16-7) secured his title shot by besting Donald Cerrone and Jim Miller. He moved down to lightweight from welterweight after back-to-back 2011 losses to Rory MacDonald and Dong Hyun Kim.
Henderson, meanwhile, has won his last five fights since a defeat to Anthony Pettis. He is now 17-2 in his career.
- Video: BJ Penn, Rory MacDonald Exchange Verbal Threats
- Jake Shields Calls Out Johny Hendricks, Hendricks Responds
- Miesha Tate Denies Turning Down Fight With Ronda Rousey
- Bellator 83 Weigh-In Results: Featherweight Finals Set
- Johny Hendricks Makes Plea For UFC Welterweight Title Shot
- GSP-Nick Diaz The Likely Next Match, According To Dana White
- Dana White "Happy" UFC On Fox 5 Avoided Any Main Card Injuries
- BJ Penn-Rory MacDonald Ready To Exchange Blows At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.