Even though Javier Mendez didn't attend the American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) BBQ party, the tension was still in the air between him and his former associate Josh Koscheck (17-6).
Mendez's wife was there and when someone asked about her husband's status she said, "He wasn't comfortable coming out here. He's not going to come here and get ambushed."
For Koscheck, it was a unique moment and wished Mendez showed up.
"That's too bad that Javier didn't show up. His wife showed up," said Koscheck. "It's kind of awkward for me. What the f*ck am I going to say to her?"
Koscheck left AKA after he said that Mendez didn't care about him or the other fighters at the gym.
"I think he knew I was coming and hid," said Koscheck. "I think it's funny that his wife comes and he can't. It just shows the type of person he is. Javier Mendez is lazy, never been successful in anything he's done and says 'I love Josh and I welcome him back anytime.' That's all for the cameras."
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline