Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva believes he is on a collision course with Alistair Overeem. So, when Overeem left Golden Glory and joined the Blackzilians in Florida, Silva thought it better to move on himself.
"I always take care of my camp and make sure I'm surrounded by the right people. I was training at Blackzilians and yes, I think it's inevitable, Alistair Overeem and I are on a collision course," said Silva, during the UFC 146 press conference on Tuesday (thanks to MMAMania.com for transcribing). "There is a possibility of us fighting one another one day (so) I decided to take my came elsewhere."
Silva is set to meet Roy Nelson at UFC 146, while Overeem takes on UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos. Silva is now working with Team Nogueira in Brazil, training with the likes of former Nelson opponents Fabricio Werdum and dos Santos.
- Video: Steven Seagal Still Taking Credit For Silva And Machida's Success
- UFC 146 Fighters Submit To Surprise Drug Testing
- Dana White Has No Interest In Signing Fedor
- Alistair Overeem: My K-1 Experience Will Come In Handy Against JDS
- Frank Mir Admits Concern Over Velasquez's Wrestling
- Jon Jones At Heavyweight? Overeem Says, "Why Not?"
- Cain Velasquez Talks Coming Back From Defeat
- Video: Hendricks And Schaub Tricked Into Ballet Lesson
- China Is Next Stop On UFC's International Tour
- Bellator Moving To Three-Hour Cards Starting In 2013
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.