Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is willing to step in and replace Chael Sonnen to face Forrest Griffin in December, if the UFC desires. Nogueira and Griffin were slated to meet at UFC 115, but Griffin exited the fight due to injury.
"(Dana White) I'm 100% and training again," Nogueira posted on Twitter. "Put me in against Forrest Griffin on UFC 155! This fight was scheduled once, let's do it now!"
Sonnen was moved from the bout after receiving a spot on The Ultimate Fighter opposite UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. White did state during a recent conference call that Griffin will remain on the card, but did not announce an opponent.
Rumors have started floating around that Griffin will face Stephan Bonnar for a third time. Both have talked about another meeting for several months now.
- Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera Suspended For Failed Drug Tests
- Is Anderson Silva Already Budging On Jon Jones Super-Fight?
- Bellator 77 Weigh-In Results: Lightweight Tourney Quarters Official
- Shane Carwin Continues Rehab For Injured Knee Ahead Of TUF 16 Finale Fight
- Jon Jones Doing MMA A Favor Taking Out Chael Sonnen
- Gilbert Yvel Scratched From RFA 4 Main Event
- Anderson Silva's Legacy Continues To Grow In Brazil
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.